Thursday 23 July 2009

Staked!

Well I left my flat last night with the intention of going to the Vic but never actually got there. Ended up having a sick night with some existing mates I bumped into and a whole bunch of new people. Was an awesome night and managed to throw in the fact it was my birthday a couple of days ago, which warranted celebrating. When the first shot hits the back of my throat at 6pm you know its gonna be a long night!!

In the mix were a few poker buddies and before getting too drunk we discussed a few things, as one of them was last years poker soc. VP. I am now taking the reigns off him so quite pleased with that, gives me something to do. He has also decided to increase his stake in me from £50 to £150 and one other guy has staked me £100. This is all good news as the fear of going bust isn't as daunting so I can play with more confidence. So I now have a live poker roll of £400 sitting infront of me, pretty sick!! Obv there are conditions to it but on a basic level they are taking 33% of my weekly profit, insisting that I play a minimum of 3 times a week and either leave with £100 profit or get up after 4 hours, which ever happens sooner. I pay back half their stakes at the end of August and the other half at the start of uni.

As a result of this, and other factors, I withdrew $140 from Stars this morning and am not re-depositing for a long time. To earn the same amount online as I do per hour in the Vic I'd have to be playing some serious stakes, which I cannot afford to roll myself for. Until such time as I am able to pump some serious money into Stars I am not going to be happy or content with spending hours of my life for $20-40 profit days. The bottom line is I play poker for the money!

I am also going into the bar in a couple of hours to find out if I have the job..if thats positive then its even better because the Vic is about a 10min walk from the bar and a bunch of people from work play there. Last time I took Tom there he walked with a £360 profit so can't imagine it will be too hard to convince him :P
So depending on shift patterns I intend to go there straight from work and grind it out for a couple of hours, utilise the faith a couple of mates have showed in me....lets hope I earn you guys some money now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment