Saturday 4 July 2009

New Leaf?

Well I took a bit of time out after going bust early in the week, as usual, and just thought about why I did that.

The only "explanation" is that its just such a small, insignificant roll, thus, I couldn't give a rats arse. Also, I built it up from $2 so I never really respected it, as it was all profit. I know its kind of backward logic but I think I take more care if I have put a lot of my own money on the line..

Anyway, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Bottom line is I am a complete degen.

Nonetheless, it was a matter of days before I deposited again..
I put on $82 but used $33 for a tournament. It didn't go that well, I made some pretty nasty plays but eventually lost the stack I had built up (same old) and busted out half way in or so.

So, down to about $50 I elect to grind the $3 18mans/45mans. I saw thats what Jon was doing and began to think that grinding the crap out of 2c/5c and 5c/10c is ultra boring. Despite beating 10NL for 12bb/100 when I was properly grinding last year, its just so so incredibly boring.
Equally, I was killing the $1 45mans for a 70% ROI over 120 games. Again, sitting there for an hour and a half trying to win $14 is a bit of a kick in the balls, but $42 for the $3 aint so bad!

Anyway, had a session or two with Jon yesterday, got it up to $70 and had another one this morning. 6-tabling : 3 18 mans, 3 45 mans

Came 1st, 3rd, 5th in 18mans and 4th in a 45man...roll up to $98.

Obviously I have said it a billion times but I guess we'll see where it goes, what happens and how long I can keep it up. Was generally quite pleased cos I was running horrifically (honestly), losing so many races, I should have final tabled all of the 45mans but lost 2 crucial flips in a row when chip leader on the other and just couldnt get anything going on the other. Still, on the 45man I came 4th in I went from uber short stack to uber big stack in about 6 hands so ran goot there..

On the live front...2 bullets obviously isn't enough to properly equip myself but I introduced a mate of mine to the Vic about 6 weeks ago, he sunk £100 on a hideous play and is generally more of a wannabee, tilts like nobody's business and just thinks he belongs in Vegas. Anyhoo, he plays at the Vic 6 times a week now and is making on average £330 a week.
He wants another £400 then he is going to play 1/2 at the Empire, as, in his opinion, they are "soft". I said "dont be greedy, £330 per week for 20 hrs work is good for a 20yr old.. Its very easy to lose a lot at the Empire cos they aint poker players, they are gamblers" He won't listen..

Either way, I want a piece of that action, by my estimations I am £630 up from the Vic, having been 9 times.
(£110 in tournament buy ins lost, went bust on cash once (£80), had one break even sesh, otherwise every cash session was positive)
So I am going to try and go once this weekend but DEFINATELY going weds, thurs, fri next week. Hit it for 7pm, get last tube home at midnight, or I cash out when +£100
Aiming to earn £1000 per month, then I can quit work and get a part time job doing easy stuff and actually fooking enjoy the summer. The only problem is I would like to use the winnings to roll myself, but I also need to pay the rent!...

We'll see, targets are one thing, doing it is another altogether

No comments:

Post a Comment