Monday 6 July 2009

How long does one have to wait!?

Well yet again I miss that big score in a tournament, miss the crucial races/flips/60:40s when deep.
Entered a $5.50 on Stars, came about 140th from a field of arund 3000. Return: $17 + a $5 last longer bet with a mate.

So aggravating that for 5 hours I get such a measly ROI. That got me thinking..

Why am I playing on Stars? The software is nice, the traffic is awesome, the game choice is good. However, in comparison to the EU sites, there are no soft games and every tournament on Stars is a crap shoot, you HAVE to run good. I had 2 decent shots at having a massive stack but lost both 60/40s for the millionth time in a tournament.
I enjoy tournaments far more than cash and obv it offers a large ROI if you can do it that ONE TIME. However, I think its made so so so much harder in fields as large as Stars'. Obv this is pretty much common sense. Even with the large payout structure...I just beat approx 2850 people in the race to the final table yet I got about $11 profit for my efforts. How is anyone meant to get a roll going from that without running like god everyday?

So the upshot is, I might transfer the roll to some European site that offers a nice bonus system and rakeback, I shall investigate this evening.
The only question is over timing. I may withdraw from Stars over the next couple of days and then leave it a bit. Its my girlfriends bday on the weekend and then mine the following weekend so wont be playing much at all. I shall have to return to work tomorrow/Weds I think so it only leaves the evenings and I am playing at the Vic Weds-Fri. I also couldn't afford to deposit that much online over the next week or so due to all the bday things and rent payment being due next week. Thus, it may make sense for me to leave it until the end of the month, by which time I hopefully will have accumulated a few hundred from the Vic and make full use of the bonus system on a new site.

I want to answer all these questions for myself and figure it all out prior to September so that I can have a roll for the start of uni and be building on it over the next six months, then, make some more decisions come the new year.

Anyway, I am going to do some sums, have a think, scout some sites out and then figure out the path to glory, as well as mull over my inability to final table a bastard tournament. I am getting closer.

GL

No comments:

Post a Comment