Thursday 9 July 2009

Motivation

Last night was pretty successful all round I think, following my relatively modest return at the Vic I felt pretty pumped about poker and that my aims/goals/routines are getting some sort of reward.
Firstly, the way I didn't tilt off the other night and kept at it (bearing in mind I had allowed myself 2-3 buyins at the Vic, I needed to get off to a good start) and then not getting greedy last night and just taking some profit and going...

When I got back the first thing I did was update the blog but after I couldn't resist playing a few hands online so went straight into the 50/1 games with a full stack. Naughty, I know, particularly as I was determined to obey bankroll management. Nonetheless, it went well and the roll is up to $172 (taking a $40 profit last night).

I am trying to encourage Jon to engage in a system of his own, we have both spent far too much time talking about poker I think and its about time something has to give. One of our mates is content with grinding the living daylights out of $3 SNGs and he is doing extremeley well (scope 'dr.blake' on stars). However, he has been doing this for like a year and I just don't think I could be content with such an insignificant amount of money so I wouldn't invest the time in it or would be more likely to tilt it off being stupid.

Realistically, I don't think I would be able to get poker to pay my way this summer, its too much to ask. So, unfortunately, it looks like the job is here to stay (I write this from the office which is a lol). The only thing is, I may look to change jobs come August, just for a bit of variety and for sanity's sake. Still, hoping a break for my b'day next week will sort me out and then I will look to get a few of the lads down and I shall go up more. Anyway, I digress.
If I carry on working as I am, I still intend to go to the Vic 4 nights a week. I will take 33% of the profit and pump it straight into my ordinary bank account (assuming I stay working full-time). The remaining 66% will be put into my poker account, which is being set up and should be sorted by next week. I initially laid out £140 for the Vic so at the start of Sept that £140 will be returned to my ordinary bank account and then I will be effectively freerolling and hopefully have some sort of roll by that point, which will see me through the year!

I am sacking off online until uni starts again, basically. Will continue to play a few hands here and there but I think I will withdraw $100 and leave $72 to play with. See what I can get that up to come uni but concentrate on live until then. Then I am depositing on an EU site with rakeback and its bye bye Stars until I have a 4 figure roll. During uni I will cut down live play but still go 2-3 nights a week (also a good opportunity to do something on my own, away from girlfriend).

Enjoying things at the moment, off to the Vic straight after work so hopefully I can see a bigger return tonight. Going earlier and don't want to be out as late so will update when I return. GL.....

No comments:

Post a Comment