Tuesday 14 July 2009

:(

Going to have to return to work tomorrow..

They have been really good with my unreliability so I was honest with them this morning and told them what I was thinking, thought I owed them that at least. They were still positive (demonstrates how much faith they have in me!) and said return by the end of the week or not at all, which is fair enough.

I may as well return tomorrow as opposed to Friday/Monday, to earn some dollar.

I started thinking yesterday, after my largely uneventful day, that its all the same anyway. If I quit this job I just have to go through the whole interview process again, stress about getting a job, lose out on another week or two's wages and then get a job to do the same thing-earn money to pay the rent. If I quit and play poker full-time-its to earn money to pay the rent. I am therefore better off getting the job with the most pay and least hours, to earn MYSELF some money via poker in spare time. Well I have told work that I am only doing 9-5, not staying a minute over, so thats what I will start doing. I am also on a self-employed contract so I don't have to pay tax (yes I know I am a student but they deduct it anyway and the rebate wouldn't come in until the end of the fiscal year), I'm also exempt from paying NI, which at 11% of your salary hurts really.

Further, the mrs fucks off again on Weds, everyone else in London, that is around, is working, mates from back home will be working etc. So when I am coming back to an empty flat and all the rest of it, its boring anyway. May as well just maximise earning potential for a bit longer. Parents are going to Bulgaria for three weeks in a weeks time so its not like I could even go home really, its too much of a hassle.

So, I will slog it out until about the 10th August (when parents return), at which point I will have enough money to just live off for the rest of the summer. I will then go home soon after, to spend the majority of August there.

This neglects poker so I want/need to make the most of it here. If I leave at 5pm from work I can still play, so I shall go to the Vic on Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat every week, unless other plans interfere. Will try and play online every other day though.

Still going to look for other jobs and if something better comes along then the plans may change again, but for now I think this is the only logical and sensible option.

GL

No comments:

Post a Comment