Wednesday 8 July 2009

Session #2

Well, I returned from my second session at the Vic and it was certainly more successful!

I returned with a total profit of £97, very happy with that and it means I am on my way, finally! I think I should have made more and I actually got there too late and then got unlucky with table selection. There were 3 £1/£1 tables running and I seemed to get the one with the most regulars/grinders, there was a gentleman's agreement to steer clear of each other too so no action. That made me laugh as it reminded me of Rounders, we were quite literally taking tourists' money between ourselves.

I love the place so much, seem to be getting a little more respect now and people are more open cos I go a bit more regularly (probably more to do with the fact that I have been twice in as many days and the first session was negative so they were queuing up for me this time!). Either way, its enjoyable and I met some cool people. I ended up jostling with one, 3-bet me every single time after I bluffed him early on, we had played against each other before and the banter was funny, but I made £40 off him early on when I sat down and he didn't let me go easily!

This is when this happened: I raise from mp with 66 after 1 limper entered the pot, I made it £7 to go. This guy (2 to my left) called, I knew that was a sign of weakness cos as I say he 3-bet me every other time. All others folded. Flop came A 9 9, I insta-checked and he bet £12, I repopped him to £28 and he called. He doesn't have an ace based on pf play, imo. Turn brought a blank. I checked again and he followed. River brought a T and I value bet £22. Praying for a fold more often than not as I put him on 55-88. He said nice value bet, gotta call (no idea why, idiot). As he said this I read his hand for what it was 55...I flipped my 66 and he showed the 55. Was really happy with the way I played that hand.


That was really the only notable hand of the night, was generally folding a lot of the time. There is currently a festival on at the moment with some pretty hefty buy-ins so hopefully going to take advantage of the money circulating round the place (simon trumpers included!). The negative of this is that the dynamics of the table were constantly changing and it was difficult to get a rhythm going. Still, onwards and upwards.


I made a couple of loose calls. The worst of which I was disgusted with myself at...limped UTG+1 with 22, my nemesis for the night saw this and made it £11 to go (there was a £2 straddle), straddler called and I thought it wouldn't be polite not to. Checked every street and the initial raiser flipped A high whilst the straddler tabled his made backdoor flush. Was angry with myself after that but got carried away with the banter.

I have noticed my play has been affected in similar circumstances. There is SO SO much limping at these games. Two examples of how this affects me..3 limpers, im on the button with AT suited, online I would probably raise and hope to take the pot right there. I limped...mucked on the flop. Same thing with KQ. BSB play I just completely ignore and limp in or check every single option. Q9/JT I just find myself limping in with cos I know there will be no raise unless someone has a premium hand.

I really need to stop this and take advantage of it, rather than treat it as a home game and get carried away with it..

Anyway, happy with things so far, going earlier tomorrow cos I waited ages for a table, only had 2.5 hours play before people started leaving and it went down to 6-handed, meaning I left!

GL and I shall update accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment