Saturday 11 July 2009

Close but no cigar...

After my post on here when I got in I booted up stars and played some 8-game for a bit, did quite well, more or less doubling my stack.
I think I was surviving off adrenaline at this point, having been up the best part of 48 hours, so, decided to enter a tournament-the $8.80 on Stars.

At about 5am I busted out in 49th, from a field of 2000. SUCKS!
I felt I really played well and once we broke into the 100 I was very decently stacked-on about 100k, just above average. The standard run bad when deep then ensued. Getting the odds to call shoves from short stacks, get value and sticking it in etc, all the standard stuff when deep, the minute I was getting close to the prize, it fell away. I won a huge race with QQ on the bubble and that gave me momentum, then it faded away!

Eventually, after losing every race under the sun, I finally busted when my AQ couldn't improve against JJ. Still, I was happy with the way I played and its a little more tournament experience under my belt. Probably just about as deep as I have been now (68th in a field of 5000 in the $3.30 was better).

I withdrew $100 yesterday and with the cash last night there is about $100 in there again. Once I get up to $150 I shall withdraw another $100 and do it all over again, hopefully keep it going!

Won't be playing for a few days now I imagine, girlfriend is back tomorrow and then its her birthday. Besides, I had Sky+ installed this morning so my time is now being devoted to that...

GL!

No comments:

Post a Comment