Friday 10 July 2009

I'm fucking doing it I am!

Well, that brings the week to a close and I guess all round I can say its been successful. I earnt £73 tonight at the Vic and was extremely pleased with the way I actually played.

I made one bad call with KQ pre flop and followed it up with a bad decision on the flop, as well as playing A9 badly in a limped pot. Other than that I feel I did well. I was strong when I was playing, I limped twice (when not in the blind), otherwise I raised or reraised everytime, which I feel is critical to long-term success at the Vic.

I have taken some of the money to basically pay for my girlfriend's birthday but my live roll, as such, is now £150, after all deductions etc. Online is a separate issue but I don't intend to play all that much over the forthcoming weeks, definately concentrating on the Vic. Its a bit of a shame that I have to use the majority of my profit from this week, as it obviously means I am still walking a tightrope for the foreseeable future. Hopefully next week will see more of the same but some larger numbers.

I've put in a lot of hours over the past few days and indeed, not slept all that much! Thus, I intend to take a break and relax over the weekend. Hopefully I can bring my A game back to the felt on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week. I will try to make it on Tues/Weds/Thurs but certainly 2 of those 3.

I am setting myself a target of £60 per session, 4 sessions a week, £240 a week. I think this is obtainable, especially when I start running goot! The majority of my money last night and tonight came off big bluffs, just picking my opponents:

Raise from MP to £3, 1 caller and I elect to call with Ac6c on the button, SB a LAG calls

Flop 3 3 4(2 clubs)

Villain bets £7, folded to me, I raise to £18, he calls
Turn 5d, he checks, I bet £17, he calls
River 5h, he checks again, I bet £25, he folds. I flip air in order to create an image. He went on life tilt after so I guess he mucked 77/88 perhaps..

That was where the majority of my money came from and then some donk over bet shoving on the river with absolute air, whilst I rivered trips.. this was from the sb in a limped pot, got lucky.. Oh, and I made a nice call with 66 early on but had lost £20 at this point so it only brought me £20 above initial buy-in

Gonna hit the hay, hopefully manage to play a few hands online tomorrow and see where we go...Goodnight, good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment