Wednesday 1 July 2009

Pastures New

Well, I still have nothing to blog about on the poker front but I have at least thought about it a fair bit in the past 24 hours....

Firstly, I have thought a lot more about the summer and plans etc. I have worked out that if I don't go on anymore holidays, don't miss anymore work and remain loyal to the end of my contract up until its expiration at the end of September, I will have (inc. incoming loan) 85% of £10k in my current account. However, this is a fantasy figure cos I don't take into account ANY expenses, just sounds way better without it! Either way, it has become clear why I am continuing to bother getting out of bed at 7am every morning!
Coupled with the fact that I would have hoped all my mates would be working by August..its kind of pointless. Nothing happens really and anything that is planned on the weekends I can make my way back for.

I also have to go to Greece at least once but it is my intention to go twice, so that can act as my little get-away. I don't imagine anyone from home will come down and visit so I kind of thought, harshly, why should I chuck away thousands of pounds only to be disappointed when I get back to Shropshire. I had to remind myself that there is a reason I dislike going back there in the first place...

Anyway, London is 33 degrees today so who the fook wants to give that up?!
Conclusion: enjoy the time I have in London with girlfriend cos she goes again in 3 weeks and I only end up getting more irritated when she isn't here. Chin up and just get on with work. Less than 3 weeks in and I will have already achieved one bonus by tomorrow and have 27 days in hand to get it...I am an absolute pro at life. Try and arrange stuff with mates wherever possible and go back on the weekends.

On the poker front, given the positive financial situation I have opened doors for myself. However, I am not going to be stupid and throw money at it cos thats what gets you into trouble and I also dont have the ability to beat higher stakes than what I do actually play i.e. 50/1 and maybe 1/2.

So, my plan? I am giving myself a £300 poker roll until Christmas. £300 is the maximum amount of money I will invest in poker between now and the end of the year (2009). On January 01 2010 I will review the situation and make another decision at that point.

The breakdown? I shall leave myself £140 for live, which gives me 2 bullets for 50/1 at the Vic, which I KNOW I can earn money off (ONE MORE TIME!) I just hope that those 2 bullets become useful from the off, otherwise I can't afford to keep going back, so lets hope I go on a heater...
With the £140 I want to turn that into £600 by October 1st and then start to play 1 tournament a week (max buy in £30) at either The International or Vic. Hit the Vic cash games only (50/1) and go there 2-3 times a week, as of the end of July.
Online...I will deposit £160 on 23rd July, which will top up the existing money I have on there. The deposit will be on Stars and I am going to play 2c/5c and 5c/10c only, no tournaments. I will 6 table max and grind my way up to $500. At $500 I intend to deposit on a different site with rakeback and deposit bonus..possibly paradise.
By Oct 1st I want to have the roll up to £400.

These are my initial plans but the bottom line is to have a £1000 poker roll by October 1st, from a £300 starting figure.

No money will be deposited into that account other than the £300. The figure has been carefully thought out cos I should never need to withdraw the money to help with rent or whatever and imo its a sufficient amount to go places with and start out with.

Here's to hoping! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment