Monday 29 June 2009

Monday's suck!

Well my last post was pretty downbeat I guess and I ended up questioning the meaning of life, as I frequently do! I discussed it with my old man, my mum, my best mate and my girlfriend, all of whom gave me slightly and very different responses! TY!
The younger of the quadrant took the line "you are only 20 once". The elder, unsurprisingly, went with "you are growing up, you just want it all and thats impossible". My mum was, however, more sympathetic.

Anyway, I think I got the sympathy vote in the end, as I get the car down here for 3 weeks while my parents sod off to Bulgaria. That makes me slightly happier as I can, at any moment, jump in the car and go to see mates or just chill at home (albeit alone again but in a different and more chilled environment).
I have given it some more thought and will continue to do so but if I stick at it I can earn ridiculous amounts of money (for someone in my position) this summer, as well as giving myself a good pedestal to work from with future employment. It will enable me to do so so much more next summer. Plus, I generally get the impression that a lot of these things end up being all talk anyway i.e. "omg this summer is gonna be so immense, gonna do this this that and that". Well great yeh, would love it but I could jack in a well paid job, lose a flat or pay through the nose to keep it and then nobody, me included, has any money to do anything anyway! Would sooner pay for everyone's train fares to come and crash at mine for the weekend...

So yeh, for now, I shall stick at it but I have a ton of other stuff to figure out anyway. Sky + is being installed on Friday though so things are on the up! WOO!

On the poker front, lost AQ against A8 for a big stack in the 250k last night, on Stars. Pretty standard and all the rest of it but annoying cos I would almost definately have cashed again and could have gone deeper..Still, maybe a blessing in disguise cos I felt like horseshit this morning and I didn't even play beyond the 11pm mark...:S

Going to make a point of heading to the Vic this week, as soon as I get ze money clear in my account. Also in the process of setting up a second student overdraft account, purely for poker...gonna set myself up for it in September, now I know where I am.

Hopefully this blog will turn back into pure poker talk soon! Its been pretty shit cos I haven't had a chance to play, went straight onto the London Eye after work so drained yet again but my body clock is still on Tenerife hours :(
Anyway, the post-holiday depression fazes are fading so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be playing considerably more!!! GL

No comments:

Post a Comment