Friday 12 June 2009

Week 1

Well due to work I haven't really played that much at all. However, having got up to $13 I had that buzz you always get when your cashier is only heading in one direction. So on Thursday night I put in another half an hour on 2c/5c, this time getting up to $15.

During that time I made an observation. I know it is generally a very soft stake and full of some very bad players. However, in the couple of hours I have now been playing, although a small sample size, I have hardly lost a hand. At the moment I am silver star due to a recent Stars' promotions. On 2c/5c the players seem to like showing everyone the fact that they are bronze stars (despite everyone being so!). I had that feature turned off but I elected to turn it on half way through the "big" session on Tuesday night. I began to notice a difference and was getting more respect.

One player, 'taxituna' seemed to be a bit of a table captain and the aggressor more often than not. He led out in utg +1, with 2 callers from MP, I made a large raise from the button with JTdd and he flat called. The board fell 3c6c3h, he led out. I re-raised and he tanked before folding and telling me he had JJ but felt I had aces or kings. I take that with a pinch of salt obv but it definately became apparent that this guy was unsure about playing me when I am showing that much aggression...I felt the move was right at that time but I also elected to do it because I seemed to be getting more respect and less resistance.

Hopefully I can continue this...

No comments:

Post a Comment