Tuesday 9 June 2009

The Beginning

Its all bad timing really cos I have just started working full-time for a business research and consultancy firm in the heart of London. Unfortunately that means being very adaptable and flexible with timings but generally means I am in the office for 8.30am and leave at 6.30pm. I under-estimated the toll this would have on me but I certainly don't have the energy to go and grind, as I thought I would.
That said, its a damn good wage and there are loads of bonus incentives for me to aim for each month, which I can pump straight into poker as the wage is more than enough for me to live off. There is also one lump sum paid at the end of my contract if I am successful with an exclusive project I have been given.

My thoughts now are to deposit that straight away, or make it my live/online roll in September/October. A big mistake I have always made within poker is not utilising my ability and utilising my rolls that I have had. I am not going to make the same mistake now... Initially I wanted to make a big deposit but I know longer see the point as I won't physically be able to play more than 10-15 hours per week and certainly won't be playing my A-game on the weekends.

So, I had $53 left on Stars and took almost all of it off this evening and just thought I would see if I can get anywhere with the $3. I 1-tabled 2c/5c initially and added tables as I went. I finished the night off 3-tabling and I now have $13.65 to work with. Very happy with that.
2 main hands...flopped trips in a multi-way pot when able to check my option.
Got a set paid off with some donk chasing a gutshot.
Otherwise there were just a lot of limpers and position raises, extremely easy to pick off and just grind my stack up.

Going to have to think about what I am going to do this summer but given my winrate at the Vic I may elect to play there more often, head there straight from work, and put 60% of winnings towards an online roll when I have more time. When I have the urge to play I shall continue to grind this $13 up. See where we go!
Not quite sure yet.

Not going to make any deposit till July though as I am off to Tenerife with the lads next week!! WOOO. Maybe take some foreigners money out there...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment