Sunday 7 June 2009

Stage 1

Myself and a friend have been battling with poker for, I guess, about 18 months now, on a serious basis. By serious I mean playing live in various places and playing online every other day as well as making a conscious effort to educate ourselves via books etc.

However, that mate (Jon-see jonnyke poker), recently described us as still being in "stage 1", hence the name of the title. I have enjoyed relative success in the two years or so I have been playing but one thing I have never had is a poker bankroll as such. I have had 4 quite substantial "rolls" i.e. $500 ish on Stars/Dtd/Everest. 2 of those rolls were legitamately grinded up but the other 2 were as a result of me being foolish and gambling more than playing poker. 2 of the rolls were also spanked as a result of the same thing, whilst the other 2 had to be withdrawn for my own financial reasons.

I have won a couple of tournaments, final tabled the odd one, but never for a big amount (£200 ish max). Cash tables are another thing altogether though, as are small stakes SNGs and HU. This is what I want to concentrate on. I play 50p/£1 at the Vic in London on probably a monthly basis and have showed a net profit of approximately £600, in 12 months. The rolls I legitatmately grinded were through 10Nl and killing $1/$3 45man SNGs for a 70% ROI (120 games). That money was never reinvested though, hence why I am now just taking shots at donkaments or short stacking 50/1 or 1/2 for a so-called "break".

Having had an interesting weekend at DTD with Jon on the weekend, I feel its now crunch time. Having played the game a couple of years I have proven that I can make consistent money and plugged one massive leak in my game-tilt. I am much more controlled now and that can only benefit me.

Let the good times roll. GL.

No comments:

Post a Comment