Monday 8 June 2009

DTD

Ok, I am going to work backwards in a way and start with the weekend I just had at DTD.

Firstly, its only my second time there but its a truly incredible place and I highly recommend it to anyone. The people are awesome, the staff are great, the place is immense and the poker is incredible. Everything about it just works so I hope it continues to be supported by everyone!
Unfortunately this weekend didn't go too well on the financial front mind you! Thoroughly enjoyed myself nonetheless and the atmosphere was even better than normal cos of the deepstack weekend.

Anyway, Friday night saw me enter the £25 f/o and then play a bit of 50/1 NL after. Both went awfully. I lasted until about the second break in the tournament, busted out in 60 something (118 runners) but I ran KK into AA early on and never really recovered. Fortunately an A flopped so it only cost me half my stack but still... It was then a case of the odd 3-bet or stealing etc etc, the field at that point let me get away with it. Anyway, card dead so couldn't find a double, closest I came was calling off some LAG's river bet. Board read A T 6 6 6. 4-way and every street was checked with 1 person all in pre. Guy overbet on the river and it was folded to me. He mucked when I showed 99 so I thought things were on the up. Unfortunately a few hands later, with an M of about 8 I shoved K3 in the sb and as per bb wakes up with A rag! Live to fight another day..

50/1 didn't go much better. Lost about £50 on that before I just called it a night. Main hand came when I was up a little. I opened in mid position with 6c8c and the blinds made the call. Flop brought A Q x, 2 clubs. Checked to me, I c-bet and got one caller from the bb. He tanked a lot and checked his cards before making the £9 call so I didnt think he was strong and could get him off it.
Turn brought a second spade. He checks, I bet £18, he tanks and tanks, then calls. I still don't think he's that strong but pray for a club. River brings a spade. This time he insta-checks. I reached for my chips thinking maybe he had a flush draw but then caught him going to grab his. I checked and he flipped QT of spades! Aghhh. Even though I had air it was frustrating...he apologised and said "AK?". "Something like that", I said.


That was the most interesting hand, proceeded to donk off about £30 by failing to go through with my reads. Saturday night we went again, this time having played a bit of roulette, went for 1/2, I sat with £150. The atmosphere was awesome and the games were juicy but again I ran bad. Pleased for Jon though who played some solid poker and was up a buy-in or so.

First hand pretty much spelt disaster. Only 4-handed at this point, everyone limped and I checked my option in the bb. Jon and myself ended up tangling and whilst I had the bottom end of the straight he had the better end! Damn it, why him! Fortunately another guy decided to stack off in the same hand with 2 pair on a damn scary board! Keep em coming..

The biggest hand, that cost me about £70 came against some complete noob to my left. 4-way, all limps. I make the call from the sb with ATo. BB checks. Flop comes down AKJ. I lead out, betting the pot. BB and UTG +1 call. Turn brings a 9. I bet £16 (bad bet I know). BB calls, other folds.
River brings a 9. I'm happy now. The guy raised his blind a couple of times if people limped and he seemed to have a A/K in his hand on the occasions I saw him do this. He also made some pretty horrific post flop plays. Hindsight's a wonderful thing maybe.
Anyway, I bet £25 on the river. Figure I am splitting it at worst now.
He min raises to £50. Not quite sure about this, no way does he have QT there, he would have been more aggressive on the turn based on previous play. Any other 2 pair is counterfeited and I rule out AK/AJ instantly. I elect to call.
He flips T9. You gotta laugh. Another day the Q comes and I have a good night. Agh well!


Finally stacked off when I ran TT into JJ and the door card brought a J. The Vic here we come!

Anyway, despite sinking about £300 with roulette as well this weekend, it taught me a lot and I am determined to continue playing my game, which I think is a winning game and has proved to be in the past.
Shame that whenever I got to Nottingham we have a total degen weekend and it normally results in a loss of money! Never fail to have a good time though..

No comments:

Post a Comment