Saturday 13 June 2009

What to do?

Well this weekend wasn't as productive as one would have hoped, on the poker front at least.
I had a little session on Friday and it was actually a losing session..down to about $12 (god it tilts me when I only enter two digits for a roll).

I planned to have a relaxing weekend, spend no money, get ready for Tenerife and refresh myself for work again on Monday. Well, at 3pm on Friday I checked my uni email and the SU had informed us all that "all stock must go, closing for the summer, all drinks £1". Naturally I felt obliged to support the university in their endeavours! Although, this was only between the hours of 4pm and 10pm and I didn't get there until 8.30pm. Something strangely satisfying about going up to the bar and ordering 9 budweisers though, AND getting change from the £10 I paid with!!

So after that we headed to the greatest place on earth-Brick Lane and 'Exit'. Most immense bar playing nothing but awesome house music. Love it. However, a bunch of other mates met us but weren't allowed in cos there was too large a group of them, so we went to another bar, had a few rounds of shots. I mention this cos it was funny..4 of the group bought a round of sambucca for us all. We each paid a different price everytime. Hilarious. Ended up having a prop bet at what the girls in the group could get it for.
Then we went on a mission to find this bar we know of, which remains open until sunrise and beyond (current place shut at 2). We found it! At 6am I proceeded to bargain with a taxi driver and go home.

The bottom line...today was a write off, damn good night though!

Now been invited to the Vic tonight also for a session. Really angry, wish I'd been told yesterday! Made a reluctant decision to decline the invitation :( Didn't feel I would be playing my best and also have so so much to do before the holiday and I am shattered. So, another brief session online beckons...

1 comment:

  1. and ur 'roll' stands at a solid $12 so all you could afford at the vic is a coke. u are aiming to separate poker money and other money so its a good thing u didnt go to the vic

    ReplyDelete