Monday 15 June 2009

A Mixed Day

Well today was extremely odd, it had more highs and lows than a pole vault..

On the one hand I got paid at work, which was basically my wages from last week plus my wages until I get back from Tenerife, so it was a handsome amount. Also got a bit of a windfall in other areas so on a personal financial level things are looking on the up.

However, having some trouble with landlords (who doesn't) so now just got another thing added to my to-do-list and after working a 10 hour day the last thing I want to do is then go and worry about something else. Then the girlfriend pisses me off and I generally enter one of my moods and just think about anything and everything, (what am i doing here, why am i working and everyone else having fun, am i too 'old' and 'serious' in my own mind, is she right for me, what if results go bad again etc etc etc..just go on a life crash course sort of thing in a few hours). Then work piled on a massive set of targets in relation to this project. On the one hand I love this cos they have put a lot of trust in me, having been there a week or so, so I think they are pleased with me and I like that they think I am commercially aware, stands me in good stead. On the other hand its just tonnes of stress. Wanted to play a lot of poker this summer but its just not happening. Seriously looking forward to Thursday and just getting away, as much as I will probably come back more tired than when I go out there, I think I'll feel strangely relaxed.

Anyway, ended up playing for an hour or so tonight. Firstly booted up 2c/5c and played a few hands, sunk $5 when some guy 2 outered me, just turned it off at that point..already in a bad mood so just though fuck it. Then Jack asked if I wanted to play a few hands, so I did. Loaded up 1c/2c and did alright..earnt about $7! So now the roll is up to $40! wooop. Comical watching Jack stack off as well, after he thought he was durrr, lovely stuff.

GL and hopefully tomorrow will be a more upbeat post! Oh and congrats to Jon for going deeeep, again, in the $5r last night. Your day will come, again, sir. When you roll yourself it will come quicker..

No comments:

Post a Comment