Sunday 14 June 2009

$250k!

Well thanks to Jon I gave into temptation and played the Sunday $250k on Stars, having grinded a bit this afternoon.
Had a nice session on 2c/5c and got the roll up to $16, then my soft spot for tournaments got the better of me. HOWEVER, I did satellite in (otherwise the $11 buy in would be a stupid move).

So, despite making a hideous hideous play to bust out I managed to cash for $21 and bust in 2000 odd. Tournament seemed to go faster than memory though, which I found irritating. Had a nice stack at a couple of points in the tournament but average was increasing rapidly. Had already reached the min cash levels at the 2nd break! Sure that never used to be the case...

Unfortunately I was railing Jon in his tournaments and completely took my eye off the ball, just played the hand all wrong and went busto. This is something else I need to work on cos I can go deep in tournaments, I can build up stacks early on but then I just let myself go, got music on or railing Jon and just end up losing complete focus. Or, I don't have the balls to follow my instinct and make the RIGHT play. Still, I think actually having a roll as such will help with this. Obviously I don't really have one now but by the end of the summer I hope to have enough to make a decent deposit and play some good poker and get a good sample size in. More on that later though!

When I bust out of a tournament that I am rolled for I think I could learn more from it rather than worry about the money I just spanked.

Anyway, back to the real grind of work tomorrow so best leave it at that for the night. Roll up to $37 though, which I am really happy about. Hopefully be able to get a few more hands in before Tenerife and then make a sizeable deposit when I get back!

GL

No comments:

Post a Comment