Tuesday 6 October 2009

Rekindling the Romance

Well, I lasted ten or twelve weeks out the game. That was a really productive and really enjoyable ten or twelve weeks, its also a period in which I earnt a substantial amount of money and want to utilise that to add to the stock pile of cash I have, rather than spank it on trips or degen weekends.

I won't lie, I missed the game or aspects of it and I was both jealous and happy when Jon announced his staking deal. I took that to one side and thought a lot about it over the past few days-peer pressure meant I thought more about it! 1) I have always considered the Vic and taking shots to be the answer-its not, although I do hope to go back there more regularly soon, just when the money comes in! 2) In terms of hobbies and interests, I have and do less and less these days compared with school years gone by. Poker is the only really thing that I do outside of uni, productively anyway, otherwise its countless nights out etc, which as fun as they are, dont keep the mind working etc. I enjoy the skill and intellect involved in poker just as much as the social aspect.

So, coupled with the fact that I have much more spare time than I initially anticipated and the mrs is constantly out doing shit, I will pick the game up again! However, I intend to MTT grind where possible and leave the cash games for live play. MTTs are the only aspect to online poker I enjoy and they also offer the occasional big score as well as the facility to remain disciplined.

I will explain a little more in my next post after completing schedule 1 for tonight but basically, I will be posting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment